Hello All

General discussions

Hello All

Postby Leon » 10 Nov 2009, 01:01

Howdy guys,

I never tested any plugin here, but plain to use... test, or learn.
However I really admire your work, and hear good thing about you (Vladmir and Norm), both great persons :D
phpBB, here is the bananas? :evil:

Cya
Greetings from Brazil
Leon

Re: Hello All

Postby Vladimir » 10 Nov 2009, 09:38

Thanks! :D and don't forget mention Paul, he is doing great job also!

I see here a possibility to add some bananas, however have to find the icon ...
Vladimir

Postby 3dvisuals dude » 10 Nov 2009, 11:18

Hi Vladimir! :D

I see you got the smilies working! :ban:

I am glad to see you set up a forum at your site, it may take a little while for it to start getting busy, like most forums, but given how awesome your programs are and how many ways there are to use them I am sure this forum will be very busy before very long!

I have been up to my eyeballs in creating things for trueServe and studying things that can be used there in new ways, and all your programs are definitely like that, all cutting edge with vast potential in the ways each can be used.

One day, I hope we can all discover a way to overcome the trueServe scene population (practical) limitation for avatars, it tends to bog down around 25 visitors or so as I recall. The reason this interests me the most is that if we had, for instance, 100 people attending a shared space event, and those 100 people were distributed over 5 scenes on the same server, maybe we could have several screens in each portal scene with a live-cam view on each screen displaying first the main event and the other screens showing the attendees gathered in each of the other portals in realtime. That way we would at least have overcome the practical 25 person limit per scene in a way, and introduced a technological way to have the "sense" that everyone attending is "present" pretty much! :D Maybe one day we will find a way to harness the cutting edge tools you have here and develop a variation of them to make that possible, I think so. :D

I am currently up to my eyeballs in figuring out the trueServe avatar systems and ways to enhance what is left of them after they were abandoned by MS, I think they have good potential even as they are with just some slight modifications, so I am studying up on all I can about all that now. After we have decent Avatar Systems in place, my next study area will be how to utilize all these great tools you have provided us all with here. Thanks for staying with us and continuing related development, it means a lot to each of us.

I saw that you had dropped by FrooSpace one day and I am sorry I missed you there, hope to see you another time there, like us, you always were farsighted in seeing the potentials of trueServe, and together now we are taking it at long last to new levels in 2009! :D

Talk with you again soon and thanks again for your excellent new tools! :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban: :ban:
3dvisuals dude

Postby Vladimir » 10 Nov 2009, 20:58

Yes, the smiles are working, but still lot of forum setting remains ... ;) The purpose of the forum is actually try to solve the plugins problems and of course allows you to change your objects and knowledge. Of course you can discuss other tS related problems also.

Regarding the trueServe, there shouldn't be a problem to setup server which know host even over 100 avatars. You can easilly make a server as an another server client. What you just need is more computers and better bandwidth.

For visitors you can use just the ICStage plugins, so they at least can see what is doing on the server in real-time.

Thanks!
Vladimir

Postby 3dvisuals dude » 11 Nov 2009, 06:51

That's a great idea thanks!!!! :D

We will give that a test soon, it's funny how the simple solutions are the hardest to see sometimes! hahaha!

Thanks again and all the best! :D
3dvisuals dude

Postby Leon » 12 Nov 2009, 16:34

Thanks Vladmir, let's see how things go... :)
Leon

Return to General